Monday, January 26, 2009

Taking Care of Mommy

I have been so sick all weekend with this horrible sore throat and cough. I was bad on Friday, thought I was getting better on Saturday, and then totally crumped on Saturday night. I spent most of the day Sunday in bed or on the couch. On Saturday, when I thought I was feeling better, I think I pushed myself too hard. I went to gymnastics with the kids and then we went to our friends' house for dinner. It was after dinner that I thought I was dying. BUT, no worries. I had the three best caretakers one mommy could imagine! Craig waited on me hand and foot, never complained about me being in bed all day, and totally took care of the kids and the house. (What got into him?!?!?!?) Jake and Lydia have been taking care of me, rubbing my head, looking at my throat (actually they were looking at my neck, LOL!) They made me pretend soup about 50 times. At one point Lydia told me her secret recipe: Ketchup, lemons, and yellow syrup (I *think* "yellow syrup" is mustard). YUM. Just what you want when you are ill. And Jake kept making me pretend hot chocolate to soothe my throat in spite of the fact that I don't like chocolate or milk. He couldn't fathom a person who didn't like chocolate or milk so he was positive I was joking and kept serving it to me anyway. Jake's behavior this weekend was TOP NOTCH! He was so happy, agreeable, well-behaved. Wow! Awesome! THAT helped more than anything really. Lydia, well, she is all drama all the time. But, that is easier to deal with. Have a fun time in your room, Miss Lydia. Come out when the drama queen performance is over. LOL! It usually doesn't last long.

I just LOVE my family!!! What more could a woman want?

No comments: