Friday, January 2, 2009

School starts up again next week.

And I'm bummed. :(

Jake doesn't want to go. We aren't surprised. He has been so relaxed over break and having so much fun. In a way, he is still like a preschooler in that he is still learning so much through dramatic play and there just isn't much opportunity for that in his Kindergarten. It is so academic. Thank goodness there is no homework.

Lydia is starting preschool at the same school as Jake on Tuesday. I wasn't going to put her in school this year but she is really wanting to go and I am really wanting a bit of a break. She is going to go two mornings a week and have a fantabulous teacher. The same teacher Jake had last year.

I just want to keep my little buggers with me at home. I will miss them so much, especially Jake since he will be gone every day. So, again, homeschooling creeps back into my mind. But, I'm not sure that is what I really want either.

I suspect next week will be rough on all of us, but it will get easier. I'll probably have lunch with Jakey on one of the days Lydia is in school.

Until then we'll continue to enjoy our new year just playing and having fun. :-)

No comments: