Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jake's first day back

It went really well. He didn't argue about going but whined a little bit b/c he wanted me to pick him up early. He got right in there, got his coloring sheet going, and talked to his friends a bit. I was in the classroom a little bit b/c I had to finish up a pre-Christmas project with a couple of kids and he seemed to be doing great. I came back at the tail end of first recess, stayed through lunch and part of second recess and he was doing fine. When I arrived at the end of the first recess he stopped playing the game that the PE teacher was leading them in and came over by me and held my hand. Then at lunch he was whiny and fussy and griping a little but I said, "Jake, look at the other kids what are they doing? They are laughing and smiling and having fun. So, why are you whining?" He looked around and suddenly started giggling seeing all the other kids having fun. And, he seemed to turn around. He even told Craig about the laughing and having fun part. Then, during second recess he went and played trains and seemed to be doing fine. When I picked him up at the end of the day his teacher said he had a good day and so did he. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. He keeps waking up too early to go potty. This morning he was up at 6am. Ugh. Can anyone say nap this afternoon?

No comments: