This takes place as Daddy says goodbye and leaves for work.
Jake: Mom, boys live at the office. That's where they live.
Me: Really? Where to girls live?
Jake: In the house. Boys live at the office and girls live at home.
Me: Some girls work at the office too. Grandma works at the office.
Jake: Really? Some girls work at an office? Do you work at an office?
Me: Not now. I work at home. But I used to work at an office when I was a doctor. Some Daddies stay at home with their kids and don't go to the office.
Jake: Really?
Pause...
Jake: Can I fly Santa's sleigh when I grow up?
Me: Yep.
Yesterday we started on a new objective about developing Jake's sequential memory. Well, I had worked on it for all of about 1 day when we were pulling in the garage this afternoon and I had just talked to him about how first I wanted him to go potty, second he needed to wash his hands, third he could have 5 minutes of starfall.com time and fourth he was going to lay down and rest. Well, we get home, he hops out of the car and I hear him running through the order out loud to remind himself what to do next! So, we are on our way with this one!
We've been having him tell Lydia about what is important/not important/maybe important and he just walked up to her as I type this and told her "Lydia it is important to be careful when you play with rubberbands" (she had a rubberband in her hand).
We met with our new/old speech therapist today. She is new at this point in our lives, but she was our first speech therapist that worked with Jake from 16 mos to 3 years. She was beside herself. She is eager to learn more about RDI and plans to come to your talk, Susan, when you are here in January. She said that seeing Jake doing so well was the most wonderful things she has seen in a long time. She wants to be very mindful of our RDI goals and objectives. I gave her the sequential memory objective and she came up with some good ideas for that. Maybe the two of you can chat a moment after the talk and share some thoughts about how to best benefit Jake.
No comments:
Post a Comment