Monday, November 12, 2007

A few things

On Saturday we were shopping at Target (all 4 of us) and Craig lagged behind with Lydia looking at something in the toy department. Jake and I kept walking and Jake noticed that Craig and Lydia were not with us. He stopped, turned around, and said, "Dad! You are not coming! You need to stay with us. It is important to stay with us so that you don't get lost!" Craig immediately confirmed that and hurried to catch up to us.

Tonight at dinner Craig was having tomato soup. Jake asked him if he was having chicken noodle soup. Craig said, "no, I'm having tomato soup." Jake said, "Well, it smells just like chicken noodle soup. Look, I'm having MY soup. It's called macaroni and cheese!"

Also tonight at dinner Jake wanted me to do "open shut them" for our blessing after he and Lydia had both done it. I choose to sing the Johnny Appleseed song. He kept saying, "No, mom. You want to do open/shut." I explained that he wanted to do open shut in his brain and that I wanted to sing "Oh the Lord is good to me" in my brain. That our brains wanted different things b/c we have different brains and so I chose to do what MY brain wanted to do and he chose to do what HIS brain wanted him to do. He was satisfied with that answer and stopped telling me to do open/shut. In the past he definitely would not have let up on this.

Sunday afternoon he asked if we could play "Brown Bear, Panda Bear Memory." If you recall, I had previously changed the central theme of the Brown Bear, Panda Bear game from the way it was intended to be played to memory. He enjoyed this alteration so much he requested it.

No comments: