Jake: "Mom, can we bring this?" (Rock 'em, Sock 'em game at US Toy store)
Me: "Maybe we should talk to Santa about it."
Jake: "OK. We could watch Toy Story 2 and play this game!" (He was referring to the 2 min scene in Toy Story 2 where the Rock 'em Sock 'em game is part of the movie.)
Jake: "Mom, can we bring this?" (A red rocket toy at US Toy store)
Me: "No, babe."
Jake: "Mom! It's just like Little Einsteins!"
Me: "I know babe. Lydia is getting the Little Einsteins rocket for Christmas so you can play with hers."
Jake: "OK."
We just see tons and tons of comparing memories all day. I think that objective is mastered! What do you think, Susan?
Here's the best:
I helped in Jake's classroom this morning b/c I am head room mom. It was a helper's birthday and our class adopted her. I brought a birthday card and helped the kids sign their names. I thought Jake was so behind with fine motor because his teacher had been talking to me about it. I'd say he is smack in the middle of the class as far as his fine motor skills. I'd say about 1/2 the class does better and 1/2 doesn't. Also, I got to observe him playing with his peers for about 20 mins. He did overall as well as they did during this time. I thought he did really well. :-) We'll see what you think when you visit, Susan.
Then, his teacher asked each child what they were thankful for and wrote it on a paper leaf they had painted. One child said he was thankful that his leg felt better. Another one was thankful for a toy. When she asked Jake he paused, looked over at me, looked back at his teacher and said with the utmost sincerity, "I am fankful when my mom gives me a hug." (Yes, we are still working on the th- sound.) I CRIED. Right there. My eyes welled up with tears and a couple of the other kids just stared at me like "lady, what are you crying about?" What a great day! This comment follows another comment he made to me the other night as we were lying in bed. He said, "Mom, I will never stop loving you just like Mrs. Swafford says that Jesus will never stop loving you." How's THAT for abstract? Whoa. I'm telling you, this child is going to be a minister when he grows up!
I am thankful for RDI, for episodic memories, for Susan, and for Jake's chance at a developmental "do-over." :-)
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment