Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lydia's snooze

Today we were riding in the car after church to go eat lunch at PF Chang's. It is about a 30 min drive from us but we love to go there after church. Anyway, with our recent travels and then daylight saving time Lydia was a total crab. She was crying and throwing a big fit in her carseat. Pretty soon she crashes. Jake then says, "Mom, does my sister like to sleep?" I turned around and said, "Oh great! She is asleep." He said, "Mom, I think she is tired and weepy."

On the way to church this morning Lydia was attempting to sing the ABC song--complete with double-B her favorite letter ;-). Well, she likes to sing LOUD. It gets kind of old after a while. Normally Jake would just tell her to "stop singing" or to "stop that!" This morning he chose a better route. He said, "Lydia, I want to hear you see 'I love you so much.'" He knew this was a quieter, slower song and she'd pipe down. So, every time she went back to her version of the ABC's or Old McDonald really loud, he'd tell her he wanted to hear "I love you so much song." It worked great. Pretty sly of Jake! He knew he couldn't get her to stop singing, but he could get her to quiet down by singing a different song.

No comments: