Friday, March 27, 2009
Jake as goalie & poor D'Lydia who is going to "throw up all over the place."
Jake got his chance to play goalie at his soccer game tonight. He was so pumped!!! He has been looking so forward to it all week. This afternoon when I told him it was time to rest so that he could be ready to be goalie tonight he didn't even argue...then slept for 3 hours. Tired kiddo. I think he is growing (finally) b/c he has been eating like crazy (for the first time ever) and sleeping a ton. He has slept his usual at night (10-10 1/2 hrs) and yesterday took a 2 1/2 hr nap and today a 3 hr nap! Anyway, at nap time I asked him if he thought it would help his goalie skills if he got dinner at On the Border before the game. Of course he loved that b/c it is his favorite restaurant. Then, he got a kick out of the fact that the new waitress dumped two ice waters all over Craig and soaked him to the bone. Poor guy and poor waitress. She felt awful. He was freezing with no time to go home and change before the game. Meanwhile Lydia is just talking nonstop about her baby elephant (who she so eloquently named D'Lydia Dumbo--don't ask, I don't know) and how D'Lydia Dumbo was sick and going to "throw up all over the place" and that her pink milk medicine didn't make her any better and so she was going to "throw up all over the place" and how she is her mommy and she needs to take care of her baby elephant who is going to "throw up all over the place." You get the idea. We couldn't get out of On the Border fast enough. So, we get to the game and Mr. Excited is so pumped that it makes no difference to him that no one else from our team is there. He goes running over to the opposing team who is getting ready to line up and practice kicking balls into the goal and parks his little hiney right in front of the goal and announces that he is the goalie. The other coach is cracking up, asks me his name, and lets him practice with them and is coaching him! LOL! Finally our coach arrives and so Jake goes running over to confirm that he is goalie tonight and they assure him that he is. At that point they gave him the goalie shirt to put on over his soccer shirt and he kept feeling the front of it because it was silky feeling and then he said to his coach, "Hang on. I gotta go show Mom!" and came running over with the biggest grin on his face to show me. And, darn it, I forgot my camera! The kids only get to be goalie for 1/2 of the game and then they switch with someone else. Jake says, "I wish that they had 4 goalie shirts. Two for us and two for the other team so I could still be goalie." LOL! He did GREAT as goalie. You could really see all that RDI work paying off. That boy had to reference FAST, think FAST, and act FAST all while listening to Craig and the coach for instructions and he did GREAT. So awesome. Like awesome in a way that most people can't understand unless your child is on the autism spectrum. Like in a "I didn't know if he'd ever be able to do that" kind of way. The way you come jumping out of your skin and acting like a flipping fool b/c your boy saved a goal from happening. Just miraculous. I am so proud of my boy. So very very proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment