Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jake's Seventh Birthday




Seven. That seems so old, but I know he is still my little baby boy. Seven. Sigh. I so wish I could repeat the past seven years. I loved him as a baby, a toddler, a preschooler and I love him as a schoolaged boy. Words cannot express my deep, unending, unconditional love for him. I just look at him and he melts my heart. He is so loving, so sweet, so cuddly, such a wonderful child. The kids birthdays are very hard for me. I try to tell myself how much fun they are at each new stage. I convince myself that I love watching them grow up...and to a certain extent I do. But, I miss the baby days a lot. I just love them all the time. Every waking moment. I wouldn't want him not to be seven as he is now. He is as such an awesome and fun age. I just want to have him as a baby, toddler, and preschooler too.

Well, here's pics of my big boy helping me make his birthday cupcakes. Then, right before his family party last Sat., then today at the park where we played and had a picnic with some of the cousins (Jude, Addie and Kyndal) and Aunt Sarah. And, Daddy stopped by on his lunch hour. His friend party is on the 29th. With spring break a lot of people were out of town so we put it off until then.

Happy Birthday to Mommy's Sweet Boy!

No comments: