
We took the kids to see Beauty and the Beast last night performed by Christian Youth Theater. They really love attending performances and I think it is good to take them to these types of events as often as possible. It got a little long for Jake but Lydia was enthralled all the way to the end. You can't separate a girl and her princesses! LOL! You should have seen her after each scene she would break out in this crazy clapping above her head. She was sitting on my lap and would go nuts with the clapping. It was hysterical. If I clapped a long she would clap when I clapped, then stop if I stopped, then start up again if I'd start, then
stop if I stopped. You get the idea. She was so into it she didn't really realize that she was doing that. She just LOVED it. Loved it. At the end, on the way out of the auditorium she said, "Mommy, all the smoke came up and the Bease turned into a Chince!" LOL! Then, she asked me if when she gets big if she could go up on stage but then told me that I'd need to go up with her and hold her hand. Sure, sweetie.Jake liked it and was intrigued by the Beast. He was afraid of him but worried about him when he was feeling sad. You could tell it was confusing to him that a scary beast was feeling sad and worried. He kept asking us how the Beast was feeling.
Overall, we had a blast, got home wayyyyyyy too late (10:30), got them into bed by 11pm, had to spring forward last night and completely missed church today.
No comments:
Post a Comment