Saturday, March 7, 2009

Jake's Indoor Soccer Game

Today was Jake's first indoor soccer game. We had tried outdoor soccer about 2 years ago and it wasn't pretty. It was frustrating for us, him, the coaches, etc. Jake just did not care to know or understand team sports at that age (4). Well, I got this crazy idea to try indoor soccer this spring b/c it is known for being much less competitive in our area that the outdoor soccer league and Jake had recently taken an interest in team sports. We were all a nervous wreck for the first practice and it went GREAT! Today was his first game and it went GREAT too! YEAH! Right off the bat he scored a goal...in the other team's goal but hey! Jake was so excited! He threw his arms up and yelled "YES! I scored a goal!" Craig and I were just beaming and laughing. It was awesome. He was right in there, knew what to do, and went after that ball. I had tried to prepare him and talk to him about teams and team etiquette by watching YouTube videos of indoor soccer games. I think it helped. Sometimes I wonder where we'd be without the internet.

No comments: