Friday, March 6, 2009
Ahhhhh. Spring weather!
YEA!! We had mid-70's temps yesterday!! Waa-hoo! A far cry from the 6 inches of snow we got last weekend. We had a great day. After I picked Jake up from school at noon, we went to have lunch with Mary Jo and Oliver at Waldo's pizza. The boys had a great time playing and I was concered that Lydia would be bored. But, whadda ya know! In walks her little speech therapy partner, Aly. She and Aly had a great time playing and tried hard to boss the boys around...to no avail. lol! After lunch we went home for a quick nap for little miss and Jake worked on some Spanish stuff on this new website I found which teaches Spanish via fun online games and stuff. Then, we took Lydia to speech and headed to the park. It was PACKED!! We spent an hour and a half running and playing like crazy people at the park and then headed home to play outside for another hour with the neighbors. Then, off to dinner at On the Border....which I'm totally sick of, but Jake loves it. Why would Jake love it? He is allergic to corn, so no corn chips. He doesn't like meat, so no entrees. Oh, he wants to eat their flour tortillas and shredded cheese. Yes, it would be much cheaper to eat flour tortillas and cheese at home, but it doesn't taste as good as OTB. So, he asks to go there a lot. Oh, and I take real food along so that he has a well balanced meal. I'm not sustaining my kid on flour, water, and cheese. ;-) After dinner, we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Grider's house to tell them a funny story and see them now that they are back in town. Of course that "10 minute stop" turned into 45 mins and so the kids got home, bathed, and into bed late. But, hey it was like May in March today! Of course, now Jake is grumbling in a big way about having to finish his homework first thing in the morning. Ah well. Such is life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment