Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I received Jake's Bible curriculum.

It looks really good at first glance. Although I immediately realized that two additional pieces were going to be necessary so had to turn around and order them and spend more money. Oh well. I'm getting so excited about starting homeschooling. We are starting June 1st and I already wrote out our June calendar on our dry erase calendar that we have had hanging up and not using for a while in the kitchen. I received my file cabinet that I ordered from Pier 1 and it is awesome. I bought some 5/8in Zaner Bloser writing paper at the teacher's supply store. I've also given thought to some "rules" of our home school that will be different from school.

1. You not only have permission to but will be expected to sharpen your own pencils. (They aren't allowed to use the pencil sharpener at school.)

2. You not only have permission but will be expected to use regular glue by yourself. (They aren't allowed to, the teacher must do it. If they are to glue something by themselves it must be gluestick.)

3. You do not need to ask permission to use the restroom or get a drink. If mother nature is calling, just excuse yourself and go.

4. You may stroke your mommy's hair (because he likes doing that) while reading to her.

5. You may sit in your chair however it feels comfortable to you.

6. You may use marker to write your name on your paper.

7. If you need a break, just let me know and we'll take it.

8. You may take longer than 25 minutes to eat if you choose.

9. There is no dress code. Jammies are acceptable school attire. No need for shoes.

10. You will not have to start every day of your life with a coloring sheet....the activity you least like.

That's a good start. :-)

1 comment:

argsmommy said...

Great rules! Although speaking from experience, you may regret the one about sitting in the chair anyway he likes. : )

Kellie