Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Taking interest in other's preferences and feelings!!!

The other day we were in the car with my niece, Addie, and my nephew, Jude. Jake was drinking chocolate milk and asked Jude and Addie if they liked chocolate milk too. Then, we took Jake and his little friend, Lauren, to T-Rex last Saturday for lunch b/c Jake was sick the day of Lauren's birthday party and missed it. T-Rex is a restaurant that is very similar (but way cooler) to Rainforest Cafe. The same guy owns both and is piloting T-Rex in Kansas City. Anyway, on the way to T-Rex, Jake was asking Lauren if she liked dinosaurs and if she was scared of them. He has also been asking Lydia if she likes this, that, or the other. Yesterday she was spending some time in her bed for a time out and was standing up crying and carrying on. Jake opened the door and saw her and said with a very serious face, "Poor Lydia." (Craig and I were thinking "poor mom and dad" but whatever.) Then, this morning Jake came into our room at 7am and announced that it was 7 and time to wake up. I kind of grumbled "ok" and he said, "Mom, do you feel sick this morning?" I said, "No." He said, "Are you just really tired?" I said "yes." He said, "I took a long nap. Didn't you take a long nap?" I said, "not long enough." So, he and Craig quietly left and let me sleep. Jake was silent all the way out of the room and down the hall. When I got up Jake asked me if I felt better.

This is a neat stage to see developing!

No comments: