Yesterday my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc gathered at my parent's house for a little Christmas celebration. I have an aunt who can be a royal PITA and can start in on quizzing Jake to "test" him. That infuriates me. She did that about 3 days after his diagnosis asking him "Where's grandma?" to see if he'd look for her. Meanwhile, she knew good and well that grandma wasn't at my sister's house yet. So, I told Jake that he was to talk to people and be polite and answer questions about "How's school?" "Who's your teacher?" "Are you ready for Christmas?" "What do you want from Santa?" Etc. But, if someone starts asking him lots and lots of questions like the colors of things, etc that he could use good manners and tell her "Please don't ask me anymore questions." LOL! He said, "I can SAY that?" I said, yes, but only if it is lots and lots of silly questions. Fortunately, my aunt was on her best behavior so he didn't need to pull that out. He just did so awesome having conversations....like full blown conversations....with my aunts and my nieces. I overheard him telling my Aunt Julie who is a pre-K teacher all about his new Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie after she showed an interest. It was soooooo......typical! His behavior was awesome. He said the blessing before the meal loud enough for everyone to hear while he stood up on a chair in the middle of everyone. He just did awesome!
This morning we let the kids open 2 gifts so that they wouldn't be quite so overwhelmed tomorrow morning. Jake was opening his gifts saying, "Wow! This is awesome! I love this present! This is so fun! Thanks guys!" Lydia on the other hand was fussing b/c she wanted motorcycles like Jake instead of her baby that she could dress up. Oh well. That's a 2 year old for you.
Merry Christmas!
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment