Thursday, December 13, 2007

Addie

I kept one of my nieces, Addie, this morning for my sister. Addie is 15 months and she and Jake just love each other. It is so cute to see Jake with Addie because he talks "baby talk" to her. He will say things like "Hi there, Addie girl. How's my girl today?" in baby talk voice. He'll play peek a boo and tickle her. I so enjoy seeing him discriminate how to talk to a baby versus how to talk to an older kid, versus how to talk to an adult. He figured that out all on his own. Anyway, Addie got upset at being strapped in her car seat at one point this morning and Jake said to her, "Addie, it's important not to cry! You'd better watch out. You'd better not cry. You'd better not pout. I'll tell you why. Santa Claus is coming to town!"

LOL! This kid! He knows what's "important"--Santa!

No comments: