Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Better day today

Craig and I got out without the kids last night. We usually do this every Wednesday, but after the past several days we had Jake skip Tae Kwon Do and took the kids to my parents' house. That was a much needed break from the craziness. When we picked him up my mom asked me what was with all the frustration and weird noises. Heck if I know! Wouldn't I love to know! Anyway, the kids came home and got a bath. I laid down with Jake and it was like something snapped. He was so much more engaged. He started telling me about a bad dream he had had the night before. That was the first time EVER he has talked about a dream. He clutched on to me and kept telling me he loved me. I stayed until he was asleep. It was almost as if he was unsettled...not by the dream...but just unsettled. This morning he woke up and was very engaged with me. He had a good day at school...which he almost always does but Monday Mrs. Swafford said he was "kind of crazy." He has been overall pretty good today. I don't think we are clear and free yet from the "rut" but it is much better today. He even asked me if we could all play bowling together and asked me if I would come with him to the basement so we could get the bowling set together. We've had fun this afternoon bowling down the lane that I made with masking tape in the family room.

I'm sure you'll see some of the dysregulation on the video. It isn't terrible on the video but I can see some of it. Right now I've been focusing more on him communicating coordination breakdowns than co-regulation breakdowns. I hope that is an okay first step. Right now I don't think he could do communicating co-regulation breakdowns.

No comments: