So, in thinking about hopefully getting moving on a new child objective after we talk with Susan on Friday, I started looking at Stage 5 and realized we have a very very nice start on it. We already had 51 of the stage 5 objectives mastered. I remember now that last time Susan was here we sat down and looked at that and moved those to the mastered section. I read through them to make sure that the Kindergarten fiasco hadn't set us back on any of them and it definitely didn't. So, then I went to the remaining ones and looked over those. There are about 30 of the remaining ones that I think he has but I will have to discuss with Susan at some point. That leaves only 36 objectives in stage 5. 36. I'm not sure if that sounds good or not. lol! But, Jake often works on one objective and in the process we figure out he's mastered others without specifically working on them (obviously). I think that is one of the keys to RDI. As you get them back on a typical developmental path, they really start learning this stuff whether it is worked on directly or not. That is one reason that new parents should not freak out when they hear that RDI has "over 900 objectives!" You will never ever ever work on all 900 of them. Some of them are sort of "key" ones that if they are mastered solidly, spill over to others. That is what happens with Jake for sure. So, here we are about to "start" stage 5 and it looks like we are 2/3 of the way through it.
So....in typical Carla fashion, I looked at stage 6. (Can we all say "Type A personality" together?!?!) I joke about it but I really LOVE being Type A. I know to non-type Aers, that I seem wound tighter than a kite string and all that. But, I love my Type Aness.
So, stage 6. Looking ahead at that, it looks to me...and of course all of this will be run by Susan over time to see if she is in agreement....that he has 34 of the 108 objectives of that stage mastered. And we haven't even started "working" on stage 5 yet! Imagine what it will be like when we are done with stage 5! And, he's only 6 1/2 years old right now.
So many things are just naturally coming up now b/c I sense his readiness. Look back at my entry about "compromising." That is a stage 6 objective. I can't type about the details of it, but we were working on a stage 6 objective without knowing it! We have also been playing a lot of card games with the kids. They love to play Uno and Go Fish. We've been talking a lot about losing/winning & being a good sport/bad sport. Again, another stage 6 objective. I didn't realize that until today either. I can just tell he is ready for this kind of stuff. It makes me happy that a) he is ready for such age appropriate things and b) that Craig and I as his guides have picked up on that, taught him about it, and didn't know anything about those being RDI objectives or that they were remotely close to where he is according to RDI stages. I feel like we just scored some secret RDI points. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment