This morning when Jake woke up he came into my room and said, "Mom, I spent the night with YOU just like when I spent the night with Grandma Shaw!" (He spent the night with my mom a couple of weeks ago and thought that was a blast.) I think he thought I came into his room during the storm last night to sleep with him, but it was really Craig. Nevertheless, this fits in our comparing memories objective I think.
Also, he showed me his trains first thing this morning and we had the following conversation:
Jake: I have a long train. This is a passenger engine and 2 cars.
Me: Yes, that engine looks very strong. He is the number 7 engine.
Jake: Ya, his name is Percy. He pulls 2 cars.
Me: Yes, he pulls the freight. He is a freight engine.
Jake: No, mom. He is a passenger engine. He pulls two cars. This car can fit one tire in it (barrel but he thinks it looks like a tire) and this one can fit two tires in it.
Me: Honey, tires are stuff. Stuff is called freight. People are passengers. So, Percy is a freight engine.
Jake: He looks like a freight engine but he is really a passenger engine.
Me: OK, sounds good.
(FYI, Jake does not have a train obsession. In fact, he doesn't have any obsessions.)
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment