Saturday, December 5, 2009
A very good visit with Jake's Consultant
Yesterday was a long, brain-zapping day but we were left with a lot of new, wonderful information and programs for Mr. Jake-a-roo. Sarah was very pleased with his progress and added 4 new programs to his current ones. We sent 2 to maintenance. Or was it 3? And, took several on to further steps. These are so different than "Jake will accurately match identical shapes" and "Jake will complete 25 piece puzzles!" They are so much more complex and detailed than that. With so many more variables. Our morning started bright an early. I left the house at 7:30 to head to KCI to pick up Sarah. Then as soon as she got in the car we started chatting. From 10-11:30 we had a playdate so that she could see how those were going and I could see how to best facilitate them. I was so appreciative of my relatively new friend, Amanda, for adjusting her whole morning with her 4 boys to have her 3rd child over here to play and shuttling her other 3 over to another friends house to do school with her 3 kids. Both of those moms are homeschooling moms too. So, our day with Jake's consultant affected school for 2 other moms and their kiddos on this chilly Friday as well. What other homeschooling Moms will do for each other!! My heart is so warmed!!! After Amanda and Jake's buddy left, we started running through old programs for Sarah to see where we were at exactly, then running through the next step of old programs, and introducing and trying new ones. Poor Jake was exhausted and bored all at the same time. He was sick of working. But, in between when Sarah would talk to us, he was bored out of his mind because we had to shift the Chinese distraction over to my sister's house for the day. So, he had no one to play with. He ended up playing Playhouse Disnesy.com off and on quite a bit or pretend playing by himself. He was begging for Lydia. It was a long day for him. We finally wrapped it up at about 5:45pm. Then, I had another round trip drive to the airport (which is an hour each way). I picked her brain some more over a lovely dinner of Steak and Shake in the car and delivered her to the door with only 20 mins to board to her plane. She had to be exhausted too. Her day was longer than ours. She is so wonderful and has so much knowledge. Have I mentioned on previous posts how THANKFUL I AM FOR SARAH FROM CARD???? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment