I feel like I am getting nothing done!!! School? HA! Well, okay, not really but it is just here and there. Nothing like our usual. I feel like I am only staying about 12 hrs ahead of where I am supposed to be next as far as preparations. And, I am really good about not overcommitting! Therapy? Well, some but definitely not as it should be. I haven't wrapped a single gift! But, I am almost done shopping! The kids are done. I still have to purchase my in-law's gift but I know what we are getting them. Today is my mom's birthday and my sister and I have dropped the ball on our shared gift! YIKES! We are getting it tomorrow and going to give it to her on Sat! I think the best birthday gift we can give her is one day without watching any of our children! LOL! She is so good to us!
But, one thing is for sure! We ARE having fun!!
We've seen Santa. That jolly guy! I did get the question about how Santa can get to so many malls and places all at the same time and had to pull out the "helper Santas" story this year.
We've decorated our house to the hilt!
We've baked homemade cinnamon rolls for us and for Lydia's preschool teacher as a Christmas gift.
For the first time I've taken the children shopping to choose something for each other and to choose something for Daddy.
Jake will sing in Children's choir for the first time on Sunday and they are singing Christmas carols.
Jake has taught himself to play Jingle Bells on the piano by ear. (He is getting VERY good at the piano through his lessons and amazes us! The way he can play with 2 hands, 3 notes at a time after only 4 mos just blows me away! Maybe that is not super awesome but don't tell me! Mommy THINKS it is! LOL!)
We've been to Christmas in the Park lighting display.
Lydia and I have been to the mother/daughter Christmas tea at Grandma Grider's church (okay, not so fun!)
Lydia and I are going to the Nutcracker on Sunday with some other little girls and their mommies while Jake and Daddy go Christmas shopping for me.
We are going to make gingerbread houses this weekend.
Santa and Mrs. Claus are going to make a surprise visit to Aunt Amy and Uncle Brian's house on Sat. night. Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell Jake and Lydia!!
Of course there is all the dancing and singing to Christmas carols, reading Christmas books...the funny ones about Santa and the sweet and true ones about Baby Jesus.
We have watched a lot of Christmas movies. I think our family favorites are The Grinch that Stole Christmas and The Charlie Brown Christmas Movie.
My children really do have a handle on the true meaning of Christmas. I love love love the Grinch movie because every time we see it or read the book we talk about how Christmas would come even if there were no presents and how happy we would be because the Savior of the World had come. And they get all excited. And we talk about the presents being gravy. And how we don't NEED them. And, you can tell they really BELIEVE that in their little hearts and that is so wonderful for their mother to see.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment