When I was little, even about 2 years old, I'd carry my dollies around and pretend to feed them and that was when I first started thinking about you.
As I got a little older, I'd play house and pretend my dollies were truly real and I'd imagine what it would be like to have real babies. I imagined you.
And, as I grew up I'd think of holding you, what you would look like and how warm and snuggly you'd be. I thought about how I most definitely wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. But I didn't know which one. I thought about feeding you, holding you while you slept, playing with you, dressing you, changing your diapers.
People all through my childhood would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. Teacher, pharmacist, doctor I'd answer. My replies would change. They were fishing for occupations. The only certainty was that I wanted to be a Mommy.
When Daddy and I were dating and newly married we'd talk about "When we have kids..." and whether they'd have blue eyes like him or green eyes like me. We'd talk about going to China. Somehow we rather quickly settled on China. I think God just led our hearts in that direction. This was years before we were ready to be parents. We nicknamed our daughter we'd have from China someday "Ling Ling." We'd talk about "Ling Ling" to all of our friends.
When God blessed us with Jakey he had my green eyes, but he has his Daddy's hair with that off centered point at the nape of his neck. Jake made us parents. He was that baby doll I carried around and fed and changed clothes on from 2 years old. You are my snugglebug. You are the one I got to carry in my tummy. You are the one who made me a Mommy. I love you with all the love in my heart.
But, Lydia. You are our Ling Ling. We tried to figure out a way to incorporate Ling into your name, but we wanted to you to have my middle name Ann, because you are my girl. We also wanted you to keep your Chinese name as a second middle name, XiuAi. So, we decided to name you with an L name for your first name. You are my girl. You are the one I flew half way around the world for. You are my pigtails and bows. You are my pink and purple. You are my walking, talking babydoll. I love you with all the love in my heart also.
I can't imagine my life without one of you. You make my life complete. Thank you.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sweet!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment