I was outside talking to my next door neighbor yesterday in her yard and the kids really wanted me to come back to our driveway and play with them. They usually only want this when I am busy talking to someone else. I guess when you are always with your mommy you don't like not having her undivided attention. LOL! Anyway, Lydia comes over and says, "Mommy, I have some good news and some bad news." I said, "Oh ya, what's the bad news?" She says, "The bad news is that you need to come back to your own house and stay in your own yard." I said, "What's the good news?" She replies, "Well, there is no good news. There are only 2 bad newses." "Oh," I said, "What's the other bad news?" The other bad news is that I only have 3 sticks and I want 4!" (She had plastic stakes for a ring toss game.) So, I guess Lydia is just the bearer of bad news.
Then, later in the evening came an EMERGENCY!
Jake was helping Lydia run her bath water and I was in my room. Jake comes running in and with a sly smirk on his face he says, "Mom, we had a TERRIBLE SITUATION!" I'm thinking, "Oh, great. They flooded the freaking bathroom and we are going to have serious water damage and Craig is golfing with his buddies in Texas and I am here to deal with this disaster all by myself." (Amazing, how that can ALL run through my mind in a split second.) So, I say reluctantly, "What's the matter?" I'm bracing for the worst. Jake announces, "Lydia showed me her dirty stinky bottom!!!!!!"
Phew. Just a dirty sinky bottom.
That is much better.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh that is HILARIOUS!!! That's what I like about blogging...you can write it down and remember for blackmailing them later!! :)
LOL! How cute!!!!
Post a Comment