I've been sick since Friday morning and Craig has been sick since earlier last week. We are such blessed parents. Our children have been so good and so helpful. They are playing nicely together, only fighting minimally, talking quietly, and taking care of us. They run around the house getting us stuff and are happily eating cinnamon toast for every meal because that is all we have the energy to fix.
Sometimes I feel like Craig and I are a little too strict with them. We require that they follow instructions the first time, have good manners at home and in public, watch out for the feelings and well being of others, and are not disruptive to other people in public. It is times like this, however, when I realize how much our stricter parenting is paying off. We can easily rely on them to be well behaved when we are sick instead of kicking us while we are down.
We managed to drag ourselves to church yesterday and then to Cracker Barrell for lunch after church. We never should have gone out to lunch because we were NOT up for that. But, it would have been a whole lot worse if we had misbehaving children. However, they could see the drained look on our faces (particularly mine since I am at the peak of this and Craig is on the tail end of it) and they were good as gold.
Thank you Jake and Lydia. You two sure know how to be such good helpers to your mommy and daddy! We love you!!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment