Grant came over yesterday and I set some ground rules about how wild they get. These two get so crazy when they play together. I pick them up from school and like typical little kindergarten boys they start in with the "you're a poop head!" "you're a poop on a shoe head!" "you're a stinky tooty poopy head!" They just laugh and laugh and think this is the funniest stuff! Last week when they were doing that in the car on the way to take Grant home, Jake pops off with a really good one. He says, "You're a Rootin' Tootin' Poopin' Kabootin'!" LOLOLOLOL!! Grant has the most infectious laugh and he just roared in laughter. Funny how you can be SO PROUD of your kid coming up with something like that to contribute equally to the interaction! Grant is just laughing his head off and says, "I'm going to have to tell Evan (his brother) about that one!"
Yesterday for the first time EVER I witnessed (and taped) Jake playing pretend play with a toy, interactively with a friend. For example, he'll play Batman and Robin with his Batcave and stuff with Lydia, but I've never seen him do that with a friend. Well, he and Grant were running all over the house. Batman (Jake) was flying and Robin (Grant) was riding on a blimp (a little red balloon that was in the family room). Robin's house was the castle (which has nothing to do with Batman) and of course, Batmans lived in the Batcave. It was awesome!!
I was in the class yesterday much of the day to help the teacher and Jake did very well. Actually, the best I've seen him. I don't know if I get reports from the teacher with her making it sound like something that happens once is a trend or what but he did really well. I did a writing assignment with the class and Jake was in the top 1/2 of the class as far as his attentiveness to his assignment. I like his teacher in that she is a very nice lady and I enjoy chatting with her but man, I just don't know what to think about her ability to handle this class. Enough said.
Today is Jake's last full day and then tomorrow is a half day. Then, 2 weeks of Christmas break. I think we are all ready for a break. Grant's mom has told Jake that they will have him over for a playdate over Christmas break. I don't know who is more excited me or Jake! Grant's mom is a SpEd teacher and so I have no worries that Jake must be "perfect" over there. She really understands and gets the situation. She loves it that the boys are becoming such good friends. She is a blessing to us!! I am also going to have a couple of other boys over to play from his class during Christmas break if we can arrange schedules.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment