Friday, May 2, 2008

Jake's K readiness assessment and a note from Mrs. S

Here is an email I sent to a few close people today:

Hi everybody,

I got the results of Jake's Kindergarten readiness eval today
and he ROCKED!! It is a 40-45 min assessment that tests
number concepts, paper/pencil skills, visual skills, auditory
skills, language concepts, and gross motor skills. It tests
more of their ability to think and reason rather than rote
memorization (which makes his results even more awesome!)
He scored at or above average in all areas!

For LS Community Christian School scores of 5 determine
overall success in their K program. The LS R7 public school
district used to use this test b/c changed a few years back.
LSCCS did not change because the norms of this test are based
on a population of people very similar to LSCCS.

In addition, I got the following note home from Mrs. Swafford
today...

Craig & Carla,

Jake had a GREAT week! He is really thinking about the way
his actions affect his friends, what is a good choice, and making
the good choice. You are doing a great job! I appreciate your
dedication to his success. His progress over the last nine months
is AMAZING.

Be Blessed,

Amanda Swafford.


Just thought I'd share. We are very proud of our little guy!! :-D

Carla

No comments: