Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Jake can make a friend anywhere!
It is so cool. He seeks out kids close to his own age to play with everywhere he goes and gets them engaged just by joining in with them. Yesterday we were at the pool and there was a little boy there about 5 years old or so. He had a pump squirter and Jake asked him if he could play with it. The little boy just stood there and looked at him so Jake looked at me. I told Jake we had his in the car so we went and got it. For the next 45 mins the two boys squirted up in the air together, squirted each other and had traded toys. I didn't have to say a SINGLE word to facilitate this co-regulatory activity. I did, however, have to talk to Jake on more than one occasion about squirting other people. Ugh. It is just too much fun to squirt mommies of young toddlers who are unsuspecting I guess. They played great. Then the other little boy suddenly out of nowhere yells "stop it!" at Jake when Jake squirted him once. So, we had to talk about respecting that even though the other little boy had WANTED to be squirted for the past 45 mins. Anyway, they had fun and it was super cool to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment