Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Co-creation, inhibition work
Well, I started work on our new objectives today (and our old one). We talked a lot about what we did this morning and he was able to retain that well. Tonight, the 4 of us built a block tower out of large blocks. We took turns with who got to start the tower and Jake didn't like that much. He wanted to start it each time and he wanted to use the yellow blocks. We didn't let him do it like this. We took turns on who was going to start and if that person wanted to use the yellow blocks then so be it. We had to stop the action twice then he recovered from that and moved on nicely. He really enjoyed creating towers together and kept wanting to do it together even after we were done. We practiced having him stop me from knocking it down before we were all ready. We spotlighted how we should stop and check with each person involved before we knock it down and how if one of the four of us says no then the answer is no. We don't knock it down until we are all in agreement that we are ready. He made the leap to pretending to knock it down and having me stop him all on his own. Lydia knocked it down once without checking and she ended up getting to sit out for a round...which proved we were serious about the consequences. All in all, it went very nicely. I think we are going to try to have Keeton over again tomorrow. I am going to try to forget what a FLOP our first attempt at a dyad was and start fresh. I finally recovered from that after Craig and I had dinner without kids at our favorite restaurant last night. Then, on Thursday I think we are maybe going to have his friend, Lauren, over to play. It is so funny. This playdate stuff is so new to both Jake and I! I didn't realize what an adjustment that would be to both of us! I think we are both ready for this though. I also tried to interject new information into a plan today. I had him choose 4 bananas at the grocery store since there are 4 members of our family. Then, I said, "oops. I forgot. Audrie is coming over on Friday. What should we do?" He said, "put the bananas in the basket?" LOL! So, I had to walk him through that thought process of "oh, we won't have enough bananas if we all want a banana on Friday. We will need to get Audrie one too!" He seemed to get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment