I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions, but I do like to set year long goals for myself and the kids. So, here are the goals I have set. I've been doing this for Jake with a group of close girlfriends and their special kiddos for years and then each year at the end of the year we compare how we did during the year with our goals and then write new ones. So, here are my goals for myself and the kids for next year:
My goals for Jake for 2010:
1. To motor through as many of his ABA therapy programs as we can.
2. To make lots of headway in the social and behavioral department.
3. To get his conversational skills fully to age level, not just to developmentally appropriate level.
Goals for Lydia:
1. To have her stop bossing him around like a little mommy therapist which I know is normal but is especially annoying when you need extra help and you know it and your sister isn't just acting like your mommy but a mommy therapist.
2. To spend more 1:1 girl time with her.
3. To baby her a bit more b/c she IS my baby.
Goals for me:
1. Simplicity in my life b/c that makes both of my children and my husband and myself function so much better.
2. I PROMISE myself I will do 10-15 hrs per week of ABA therapy with Jake.
3. I will take more lengthy stretches of time for myself like an all day Friday thing once a month and not feel guilty about it.
4. I will take my migraine meds, exercise, eat right and do my best to ward off these heinous headaches.
5. I will take more pictures and video of my children, Craig, their grandparents, their cousins, their aunts and uncles and and I because the time is NOW.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment