Monday, May 11, 2009

Family Day With Our Little Truant


It has been a gorgeous day here in Kansas City today. 70 degrees, sunny, calm winds. Very nice. And, Craig had the day off. And, Jake had a substitute teacher today. And, Jake and substitutes usually don't go well together. He gives them a hard time and they are at a loss as to what to do. So, rather than me spending my morning up at school I called Jake in sick. I asked him if his allergies were bothering him and he said no. I told him to say yes. So, he said yes with a very confused look on his face. Then I said, "Oh, you DO look like your allergies are bothering you. I think you are too sick to go to school. Are your allergies bothering you?" He says very pathetically, "Oh, yes, mom. Very bad." LOL!

So, we hung out around the house until mid-morning, then we ran errands and ate lunch on the patio at On The Border. We then ran to a nursery where the kids got to climb rock piles while Craig loaded Pavestone bricks into the back of the van. We then headed home and Lydia has been napping while Jake has been playing outside with Craig.

Perfect.

My hubby, my Chinese princess, my Little Truant and I. Life just doesn't get much better than that!

No comments: